Using neuroscience to unplug, calm down and have a great sleep
When it comes to having a great nights sleep all roads lead to the brain. Learn a range of research-based brain care strategies to help you switch off at night. Implementing these into your life will help you unplug, calm dawn and get a great nights sleep.
Why the free "Switching Off At Night" seminars in 2022?
Over the past 18 months Karyn Chalk has had the privilege of completing brain health and resilience training with world leaders such as:
- Dr Kate Truitt, Neuroscientist, clinical psychologist, Havening Techniques Trainer and expert in trauma.
- Dr Rick Hanson, Neuropsychologist and world leader in resilience.
- Dr Daniel Amen, double board certified psychiatrist and world leader in brain health.
These free seminars provide an opportunity to learn powerful neuroscience techniques that make a huge difference in the turbulent times we are all facing.
Overview of the 60 minute seminar
- We will start by looking at why sleep is so important to our health and wellbeing.
- You will be introduced to one of the most powerful parts of the brain called the amygdala, often responsible for worry and overthinking at night.
- From there you will be introduced to Havening Techniques, which allow your brain to calm down and wind down at the end of the day.
- We will look at more soothing and sleep inducing strategies for your amygdala based on utilising the power of positive neuroplasticity.
- And to round off we will look at some additional neuroscience hacks and additional resources and assistance available.
Who would benefit from this seminar?
- Anyone experiencing difficulties calming down their brain before bed.
- Anyone who finds they have the same thoughts going over and over in their head.
- Anyone interested in having better dreams at night and waking up feeling more content in the morning.
Switching Off At Night Seminar Dates 2022
Wednesday 10th August, 6.00 - 7.00pm, New Zealand ST
Sunday 11th September, 4.00 - 5.00pm, New Zealand ST
Wednesday 5th October, 7.00 - 8.00pm, New Zealand ST
Saturday 5th November 4.00 - 5.00pm, New Zealand ST
"Karyn Chalk generously, professionally and enthusiastically provided a "Switching Off At Night" webinar to our Soroptimist members on how the brain functions in times of stress, and shared simple and effective techniques to quieten the mind. Participants gave feedback that they found the webinar informative and that the simple Havening Techniques exercises were relaxing. Karyn's engaging style and humour added to the presentation's value. It was an enjoyable learning experience." Yvonne Simpson, Membership Convenor 2020 - 2024, Soroptimist International South East Asia Pacific
Can't attend a seminar?
That's OK as Karyn Chalk as developed some free resources to accompany the Switching Off At Night Seminars.
About the speaker, Karyn Chalk
Karyn's interest in building resilient landscapes through brain care strategies resulted from experiencing chronic workplace burnout in 2017. After taking time off and re-entering another workplace a couple of years later she found her ability to manage stress was compromised and her self-care took kit was not fit for purpose. On her brain wellness journey Karyn learnt tools and strategies from world leaders qualified in neuroscience, trauma and resilience.
Karyn is a brain health coach and trainer. She has masterfully combined her theoretical knowledge, life experience and practical coaching toolbox to create outstanding results in helping her clients recover from burnout, fatigue and anxiety. She has a natural ability to reach the heart of a wide range of problems in a relaxed, pragmatic and friendly way.
- Certified Havening Techniques® Practitioner
- Certified Brain Health Trainer, Amen Clinics
- Master Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner
- Transforming Communication Instructor
- Dip Teaching
- BCApSci, Human Nutrition
- Grad Dip Business Studies, Dispute Resolution