FREE Online Switching Off At Night Seminar
Having trouble sleeping? In this free seminar you will learn 3 sleep techniques to help ease overwhelm, overthinking and feelings of burnout. Implementing these into your life will help you unplug, calm dawn and get a great night’s sleep.
Why the free "Switching Off At Night" seminars in 2022?
Over the past 18 months Karyn Chalk has had the privilege of completing brain health and resilience training with world leaders such as:
- Dr Kate Truitt, Neuroscientist, clinical psychologist, Havening Techniques Trainer and expert in trauma.
- Dr Rick Hanson, Neuropsychologist and world leader in resilience.
- Dr Daniel Amen, double board certified psychiatrist and world leader in brain health.
Her interest was sparked from experiencing burnout and then the journey she has embraced to learn to calm her brain and build a more inner resources. These free seminars provide an opportunity to learn powerful neuroscience techniques that make a huge difference in the turbulent times we are all facing.
Overview of the 60 minute seminar
- We will start by looking at why sleep is so important to our health and wellbeing.
- You will be introduced to the Green Zone, the brain’s natural rest and repair operating system.
- From there you will be introduced to Havening Techniques, which use the power of soothing touch to quickly calm down at the end of the day.
- You will be shown a powerful breathing technique to calm down quickly
- And to round off we will look at how you can utilise positive neuro-plasticity to improve your mental and physical health
Who would benefit from this seminar?
- Anyone experiencing overwhelm on a regular basis.
- Anyone who struggling to switch off their thinking at night
- Anyone interested in having better dreams at night and waking up feeling more content in the morning.
"Karyn Chalk generously, professionally and enthusiastically provided a "Switching Off At Night" webinar to our Soroptimist members on how the brain functions in times of stress, and shared simple and effective techniques to quieten the mind. Participants gave feedback that they found the webinar informative and that the simple Havening Techniques exercises were relaxing. Karyn's engaging style and humour added to the presentation's value. It was an enjoyable learning experience." Yvonne Simpson, Membership Convenor 2020 - 2024, Soroptimist International South East Asia Pacific When it comes to having a great nights sleep all roads lead to the brain. Learn a range of research-based brain care strategies to help you switch off at night. Implementing these into your life will help you unplug, calm dawn and get a great nights sleep.
About your presenter, Karyn Chalk
Karyn's interest in building resilient landscapes through brain care strategies resulted from experiencing chronic workplace burnout in 2017. After taking time off and re-entering another workplace a couple of years later she found her ability to manage stress was compromised and her self-care took kit was not fit for purpose. On her brain wellness journey Karyn learnt tools and strategies from world leaders qualified in neuroscience, trauma and resilience.
Karyn is a brain health coach and trainer. She has masterfully combined her theoretical knowledge, life experience and practical coaching toolbox to create outstanding results in helping her clients recover from burnout, fatigue and anxiety. She has a natural ability to reach the heart of a wide range of problems in a relaxed, pragmatic and friendly way.
- Certified Havening Techniques® Practitioner
- Certified Brain Health Trainer, Amen Clinics
- Positive Neuroplasticity Training, Dr Rick Hanson
- Master Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner
- Transforming Communication Instructor
- Dip Teaching
- BCApSci, Human Nutrition
- Grad Dip Business Studies, Dispute Resolution